Friday 19 March 2021

‘Anything Goes’ week and more new Tando releases...

Hello lovely people.

I’ve loved this new release, and had fun decorating them all. You can still watch Di on Hochanda, if you missed it, on rewind 👍

The new wall hangings are really fun. I admit I took my little knife to this first one and carefully took out two of the bottle and used two cats, stuck together, in their place. As soon as I saw the bottles I knew what I wanted to do. I used Celia’s chippy boat paint technique for the top layer, painted all the bottles on the bottom layers and embossed the front bottles with sparkly embossing powders, then with a couple of posca pens scribbled labels on the front and added a few highlights. I embossed the ‘falling’ bottles too. 

Naughty pussy cat 🥰

For the fishes wall hanging I did a kind of Kate Crane background, loosely layering a dark and light blue and some white, then stencilled over the top. I repeated this on the front but predominately used the darker blue. I painted the fish and dry brushed the edges with a slightly darker colour of each of the colours I chose, then again got busy with my posca pens.


Swim little fishes, swim...

Lastly I made a journal with a concertina binding, with the crafters ‘Spine Scene’. I used some gelli prints for the covers, chose a mis-match of letters for the front and set to painting the scene. Yes there is some posca pen doodling...how did you guess? 🤣. 
These scenes come alive as you start to paint them. I’ll definitely be doing some more ❤️

I used:

I also used: various DecoArt Paints, Posca Pens, gelli prints, alphabets, PVA glue.


No comments: