Thursday 30 September 2021

October Colour Theme by Nicky Roussou

Hello and welcome to my first blog post for Tando-Creative. 



For my first project I have decided to make a canvas. It’s pretty large, about 20cm by 30cm.

I started by painting the entire thing in black gesso. Then I used torn up strips of 3D embossed paper and randomly placed them around the canvas.

In my stash I had some hearts which I made using the Stamperia moulds and some plaster of paris which worked really well. 


I combined these with some Tando-Creative Wings and Mini Clocks which  I covered with some Cosmic Shimmer Lava Paste and heated. I do love the effect this gives!

I also used a flower stencils and a modelling pastes, again randomly round the canvas… I have to admit at this point I got a bit carried away and forgot to take some photos! (sorry.. I will get better at this!)





For the really rough areas I used a Medium Grain Gel which once painted gives a lovely texture.

Once I had most of the embellishments on the canvas I gave it all a coat of Brown Acrylic paint.

I then began adding layers and layers of a number of different gilding waxes to create the effect I like. On top of this I also used a Dark Brown Oil based paint which I watered down with white spirits. I then go back and layer the waxes again. 

For the butterflies, I started by painting the back piece with some Deco Art Metallic Teal Paint. For the front again I used a Medium Grain Gel to give it a rough feel and then painted them in Deco Art Carbon Black and highlighted in a wax. To tie in the teal to the canvas and to add a bit more texture by adding some little glass fragments by Stamperia from my stash.


This has been such a lovely project to make for my first blog and I hope it gives you some inspiration! 

Much Love

Nicky x

PRODUCTS USED

Tando clocks

Tando  wings

Tando butterflies 
Cosmic Shimmer Lava Paste

Deco art media burnt sienna

Deco art metallic teal

Deco art carbon black

Cadence moss effect paste

Treasure gold waxes. Rose classic, classic, silver and Rose quartz.  

Stamperior Cerantica teal wax. 

Stamperior Moulds

Glamour Sparkles Turquoise  fragments.

Tim Holtz distress inks 
Hickory smoke
Walnut stain 
Gathered twigs

Tim Holtz 3D Wood effect folder

Tim Holtz 3D brick folder

Some oil paint and white spirits 



3 comments:

Bernadette Ball said...

I love this Nikky, The butterflies are gorgeous and there is so much detail. the hearts are fabulous. There is so much to look at and the textures are gorgeous :)

Nicky Roussou said...

Bernadette Thank you so much. I love making a canvas for this reason, you can get so much detail in and have lots of fun at the same time. :-) x

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous piece, all those little Tando Clocks and wings are very effective set against the other lovely elements. X