Friday 24 February 2023


February Colour Challenge Tag by Bernadette





 

Good Morning Crafters :)

I have had a couple of days off work this week so thought I would make something and give the colour challenge a go.  Actually trying to match up some colours was a challenge in itself!  As the colours pictured in the Creative Zone on the Facebook page are only a guide, I chose what I had that was as close as I could be.

I don't really have many paints, Those that I have, I've collected when I've seen a make that I really like, usually a gelli plate print. I've got a few different brands and the ones I used for this project were Tim Holtz speckled egg, uncharted mariner and rusty hinge and a midnight blue colour from Americana.

I used a Tando size 10 greyboard tag (my favourite) https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/TAGS120X60.html  and covered it with some white gesso and let it dry.


To add some texture, I chose some stencils and stencilled over the gesso using a smooth white texture paste and let that dry.



I added the colours starting with the lightest then adding bits of the darker colours randomly.  I did quite a few coats letting colours dry in between applications.  I used a stencil brush and my fingers for dabbing bits of paint over the textured areas and wiped bits off using a damp piece of paper towel to give variation here and there.


Piece the paper doll is sitting on, I used an off cut piece of greyboard and added a stamped ruler piece with glue then blended some dark blue ink around the edges.  I coloured the paperdoll's dress and basket using Tim Holtz watercolour pencils.


The stars are from the from the Tando mini stars pack https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/TMSTARS.html 

I painted the stars in the midnight blue paint, using my fingers, and gave them a couple of coats.  I then added the bronze paint over the top, again using my fingers.  I stamped the words from a sentiments stamp set, cut then out then added some blue ink around the edges before gluing them to the tag.


To finish, I used a blending tool to add black ink around the edges of the tag and tied some dark blue ribbon through the hole at the top of the tag.


Bye for now, Bernadette xxx

No comments: