Friday 17 February 2023

Pieces of ME

 


For this month's Colour challenge i decided to try something new, especially as i was pushed out of my comfort zone with the colours. 




This one is quite personal too me. Not many people know this but i am Dyslexic. At the grand old age of almost 48 i have many stratergies and tactics that help me cope with it on a daily basis but every now and then life just overwhelmes my neurodivergent brain and i have a mini meltdown. But Dyslexic folk have a great imagination and are very crafty which is very helpful when you just need to let it all go. So this is how pieces of me started, I am calling her Agatha, after my love of Art Deco as she has that flapper girl vibe i think x


Materials






Posca pens

Pom pom trim

Hot glue gun

Paper flowers and leaves

Journalling


Instructions

I had a half preped polystyrene head in the craft room, ( Dont ask about the random late nigh Ebay purchase of 5 heads 10 years ago!) I painted it all peach. 



Once dry, i sketched in a face roughly


Once I was happy with my sketch i began to paint in my face. i used the colours from the monthly challenge. I went all abstract ish to represent how we can be all over the place and in pieces. Once the paint was dry i doodled around the features with posca pens

Next i took a selection of Tando flowers and leaves and painted them in blues and peaches. I cheated and added a pop of green too. I cut a selection of paper flowers and leaves out at the same time. 




I added a pom pom head band to my head and then started adding all the paper and Tando flowers and leaves to the head as a large side decoration





I then typed a big list of all the positive aspects of Dtslexia such as my creativity and love of science and then another list of all the things that  i had felt during the last week at work where i had really struggled and was drawn to the craft room for escape.



I hope you like how Agatha turned out and i have to say the colour combo grew on me in the end








Thanks for looking

Sarah xxx









No comments: