Wednesday 14 November 2018

Spray Ink Heart Tag

Hello!

This week on the Tando Creative Blog the design team are using spray inks and/or paints.
I love using spray inks and have quite a selection in my crafty stash! In particular I like using the sprays over crackle mediums as I like the way they react with the cracks.

Here is my inky, crackly tag...


I started by priming all of my greyboard pieces with white gesso then added stencilling to the main tag using modelling paste.  The wings, plaque and tag all had crackle paint added and the heart had crackle paste to create larger and thicker cracks...


When all the mediums had dried I added spray inks.  The heart and tag were coloured using plain ink sprays and on the other pieces I added sprays that also contained mica.  Gold gilding wax was blended around all the edges to finish the pieces off...


To complete the project I added some Tim Holtz stickers and then some colourful sequins to which I added some tiny flat backed pearls.

The products used were:

* Tando Creative - Size 6 Tag
* Tando Creative Grab Bag - Hearts
* Tando Creative - Wings
* Tando Creative - Industrial Elements
* Tando Creative - Mini Stencil Distressed Diamonds
* Decoart Media - Mediums

There will be more inky and painty inspiration from the team throughout the rest of the week.

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments: