Thursday 15 November 2018

Spray Ink/Paint week- Rusty Heart Tag Fiona Randall

 
 
Morning all  the Team are playing with Spray Inks/ and or Paints. Here's my contribution a Rusty Grungy Paint Sprayed Tag.
 
 
 
I started by priming all my greyboard pieces with DecoArt Media Tinting Base. I then Used DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics in Prussian Blue Hue  And Raw Umber mixed with a little Carbon black to make a darker brown in a couple of mini mister bottles to make my spray paints. These were then misted onto the tag base and dried between layers until I got the effect that I was after. Next up DecoArt Media Modelling paste was applied through a woodgrain stencil to the greyboard circle and Heart and once dry spritzed and sprayed with the Raw Umber Carbon black mix. Again drying between layers to achieve depth.  I then applied DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic in Raw Umber to the large Washer from Andy Skinners Industrial Elements set. When dry it was bound with Rusty Wire. Stamping was then added to the tag base using France Papillion's London New York Stamp set from Illusionary Artists .Potting soil Archival Ink applied to the edges and  finished with a swipe of  DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Burnished Brass. Splatters of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic in Titanium white applied to finish the Tag Base. On the Greyboard circle and Heart DecoAt Media Antiquing Cream in Patina was applied to my craft mat and water added to make a wash. The circle and heart were then dipped into  it to create spotting and splatters. All pieces were then assembled onto the tag base and a sentiment added to finish.
 
 
Close up detail.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today
Fiona.
 
PODUCTS USED.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

Wilma said...

Beautiful. Great colors.