Saturday 22 June 2019

Anything Goes week - Moroccan Sunshine


Morning everyone,

It's Anything goes week at Tando Creative, and my make for you today is one of the Giant Media Boards, which I squealed when I saw, as they are just a fab size for creating on, and something different.

The Media board was painted with a coat of lace chalk paint first.  Then I added a wash of Yellow Iron Oxide, followed by filling in the whiter spaces where the paint drained from, with a pale blue chalk paint wash.

The background was stamped with a texture stamp,  I used Archival Coffee Grounds ink for this.

I had a sheet of the lovely Moroccan style lattice, and thought this was perfect to add.  I painted it in the pale blue chalk, and then added 'rust' with quinacridone gold and Raw Umber, to look like an aged window grill.  To enhance the colour I used Andy Skinner's new Embossing Powder, Funky Cold Patina in small area's.


I stamped the beautiful Sun stamp from Stamperia twice, and cut out just the face to layer up.  I coloured this with my Prismacolour pencils, I felt like a change!  This was glued and then pinflair added to 3d the face.


The sentiment is a Mitform Casting, and I thought Journey was appropriate on my sunshine travel theme.


I punched holes at the top of the media board with a Cropodile, edged the whole board in Versafine Majestic Blue, and added wire and beads to finish.


Hope you like it, it seems fitting as we are going to get rather warm weather next week apparently!

Make sure you check out the rest of the team's fab makes this week, for more inspiration.

Best Wishes,

Nikki Killinger. xx

Products Used:

Tando Creative
Extra Large Media Board
Grid - Moroccan

DecoArt Media
Yellow Iron Oxide
Quinacridone Gold
Cobalt Teal Hue
Raw Umber
Americana Chalk Paint Lace
Pale Blue Chalk paint (mixed Cobalt Teal Hue with Lace).

Andy Skinner - Textures Rubber Stamp Set
Andy Skinner Embossing Powder - Funky Cold Patina (New).

Stamperia - Sun Stamp
Mitform Castings Journey word.
Versafine Coffee Ground Ink
Versafine Majestic Blue Ink
Prismacolour Pencils.


5 comments:

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

Ooh absolutely love this My friend simply stunning xx

The Crafty Gent said...

I love this Nikki. Certainly has the "summer" feel... With a twist. Stunning work as usual.

Nikki K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki K said...

Thankyou lovely ❤️

Nikki K said...

Thank you so much, that’s extremely kind of you to say :) xx