Wednesday 27 November 2019

'Mystical In The Stars' by Jane

Hello!

This week on the Tando Creative blog the theme is 'In The Stars' and I decided to go for an astrological feel to my project...


I decided to decorate the triple arch astral frame that was on the most recent HOCHANDA shows with Di and Fiona.  

After sticking my frame pieces together I dabbed texture sand paste over the arches using my finger and once it had dried painted the whole piece plus the decorative inserts with black gesso...


Next I used the Decoart interference paints in turquiose, violet and gold across all the pieces then once this had dried used gold gilding wax to add extra highlights to the texture...


Then I put the acrylic circles into place and attached the decorative pieces.  Finally I added some stars that I had cast in a mould using clear resin and purple glitter, and used a bit more gilding wax on top to tie the whole piece together...


Here are the products I used:


Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx


1 comment:

Pearl said...

Love this. Have to get mine out give it a go.