Wednesday 30 November 2016

Gift Book

Hello, its Karen here with my version of this week Tando Recipe:

1 stencil
2 stamps
3 snowflakes

I have decorated an A5 book for my project.  I like to keep a note of the presents I give at Christmas each year so that people don't get the same thing!!!


I covered the book with 2 layers of white gesso before adding some white modelling paste through the pretty STEAMPUNK CHRISTMAS TREE STENCIL.  I also added a little texture paste through some punchinella here and there.  While this was drying I took 3 snowflakes out of the MINI SNOWFLAKES PACK and painted them in pale blue before covering them with stickles.


A small bookplate was painted with primary Magenta, covered with Crackle Glaze then had Titanium antiquing Cream rubbed into it when dry.

When the book cover was dry and set I painted over the whole piece with Titanium White and added some little stamped snowflakes in Archival Plum, using the 2nd stamping.  The stencil was replaced and Primary Magenta was stencilled onto the tree.  Some pale blue was dry brushed in places.


I stamped the word 'Gifts' onto some white card and glued it to the bookplate before glueing it to the base of the tree.  The snowflakes were glued in place and some more stickle dots were added here and there for extra sparkle.  Some fancy lace finished the book off.

Thank you for popping by, take care, Karen xxx

No comments: