Friday 4 November 2016

Box

Hi, its Karen here with another make using the pretty November Colour Theme.  For this I have decorated the *Tic Tac Toe Box* (without the noughts & crosses etc).


After I glued all the pieces together and added some gesso I spread some *white modelling paste* through Gio's pretty *Eighties* mask/stencil.  When this was dry I went over the whole top of the box with the lighter blue in the colour them, then , putting the mask back over, I added the two terracotta colours and the dark brown. (I added the dark brown after this pic was taken)


I added *Crackle Glaze* over the two colours above and around the edge of the box.  When that was dry I added *Red Oxide Antiquing Cream*, rubbing it back when it was dry.  I added *Liquid Glass* to the dark brown areas.


The sides of the lid were painted in dark brown and the base was painted in the blue.  I lined the bottom of the base with brown felt and the inside of the lid with patterned paper.  Then I went round all the edges with a copper pen.


Inside the lid...

Thank you for joining us today, do come and visit us again soon! Take care x

2 comments:

Craftychris said...

Fabulous box! Love the design and texture of the lid. xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This is super good texture! and the box is gorgeous. Happy crafting, Angela x