Wednesday 24 April 2019

'Shoot for the Stars' Art Journal Cover with Texture Paste by Jane

Hello!
 
This week on the Tando Creative blog the theme is 'Texture Paste' and I love using all sorts of texture pastes as well as texture in general!  I have been saving the fab art journal starter kit from Tando to create something special with and this was the week!!...
 

I started by using white modelling paste through the long numbers stencil on the covers, then covering it with white gesso...


Next I added numbers, diamond grid and cogs from Tando along with some pieces that I had cast in resin from moulds.  Underneath some of these I added some gauze.  All of this was stuck down using heavy body gel ...


To create even more texture I added some sand texture paste and art balls...

 
To even everything out and prepare a base for the colour I painted everything with white gesso...
 

 
To complete the cover I added chalky paint from Decoart, metallic paint and gilding wax.  Then faux gems were added along with a sentiment from Bee Crafty...
 




The pages and cover were finally put together using thread, needle and fab instructions that come with the kit.

Here are the products that I used:

* Art Journal Starter Kit
* Tando Minis - Cogs
Tando Grid - Diamond
* Stencil - Numbers
* Decoart - White Modelling Paste, White Gesso, Sand Texture Paste, Heavy Body Gel
* Decoart - Chalky Finish Paint

There will be more textural inspiration from other members of the design team this week, so I hope you pop back to have a look.

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

1 comment:

Karin said...

It's fabulous, project Jane. I love it x