Tuesday 28 January 2020

Layered Tags- Fiona Randall

 
Morning all the theme on the Tando Blog this week is Layers. So I thought I would use one of my Layered Tags from set 2. I chose to use the keyhole tag from the set.
 
I started by giving  the top tag layer and the keyhole plate a rusty treatment using DecoArt Media Texture Sand Paste and then adding washes of DecoArt Media Fuid Acrylics. I then created a collaged image in photoshop and printed out to create the focal point through the Keyhole and glued to the base tag in the set. I then glued all layers of the tag together and added a quote. I then cut a piece of Tando Grey Board to mount the tag onto. I added DecoArt Media Modeling Paste through a stencil and once dry gave this  the same Rusty Treatment as the layered Tag. I then cut another piece of Tando Grey Board slightly larger than the previous piece, gave this a coat of DecoArt Chalky Finish in Carbon and when dry applied a coat of DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish to seal and protect. I then layered the rusty Greyboard piece and the Layered Tag on top of the black base to finish. A truly layered piece and quite substantial too to hang on my studio wall.
 
 
Products Used.
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Fiona.
 
 
 


No comments: