Wednesday 5 August 2020

August Colour Theme Slide Mount

Hi there!
Celia here with these gorgeous colours for our colour theme.

I decided to use one of the Slide Mounts, as I haven’t played with these before. The Oriental Garden papers by Stamperia are very similar to these colours so I decided to use them in my design. I found some paints to match the colour scheme:
I put a base coat of PaperArtsy paint down in Chalk, then added Mushroom to dirty it up a bit. I painted the inside frame and back of the cover in Turquoise 
I stamped the Cherry Blossom by Lavinia Stamps in Cobalt Archival and coloured it in with Cranberry ink. Then I used the Cranberry ink to stamp crackle on the back cover.

I stuck the scrapbook paper image behind the window, and the sentiment on the back of the cover. I also added a few touches of navy blue embossing powder.
To bind the mailer, I used a piece of cotton tape and glued it to the edges, using lots of pva and pressing it down using the craft mat. 
When dry, I trimmed the tape to size and painted it with the Midnight paint. After a bit of wiggling, it opened up nicely and seems to be a pretty strong way of binding the mailer. 
So here's the finished Slide Mount. I think they make a really cute piece of mini art!




Thanks for stopping by!

Celia x


No comments: