Thursday 13 August 2020

In the Round theme - Circular Mini Album by Heidi Green

     

             

Hello, Heidi here with my first blog project for Tando Creative.

I am so excited to be on Di's team and work alongside some wonderfully creative ladies.

I love all things mini albums and have made quite a few during lockdown, so when I saw the theme for this week, I knew exactly what to do :)

This week, our theme on the blog is :

'In The Round'

and in keeping with this, I have made a colourful circular album. I love bright colours, I am usually a pastel girl but all of our lovely weather recently has encouraged me to go brighter!

Here is my project :


 I have used the following products to make my album :

Tando Products:

Two grey board large circles and one small. 

Small oval ended template from the A6 Page Templates set

Small grey board Hearts, Jigsaw and Butterfly pieces

and a wonderful Tando stencil called 'Rings'.

As you can see from the photo, mine is well loved :)

Other products used

I used DecoArt Media fluid acrylics

'Cerulean Blue', 'Diarylide Yellow', 'Titan Buff' and 'Cobalt Turquoise Hue'.

Daily Art : Crackle Paint

Versamark Stamp Pad and Papermania 'Seafoam White' embossing powder

Versafine 'Onyx' ink pad

Distress Oxide ink pad : 'Blueprint Sketch'

Hobby Art Stamp set : CS207D  'Jean's Flowers'

Watercolour cardstock

Cosmic Shimmer glue, brayer and heat gun.

Here is how I made my album :

I started off covering all of the grey board with 'Titan Buff' paint, leave to dry.

Using the oval template, cut out two pieces from water colour card, score at ends.

Brayer circles, card elements and butterflies roughly with Cobalt paint.

Using orange paint, brush through 'Rings' stencil over elements. Add blue ink roughly all around items.

Versamark floral images to pieces shown and add embossing powder, heat all over.


Add crackle paint to items and leave to dry.

Stamp up sentiments, cut out and edge with blue inkpad. Stick puzzle and heart pieces to card.

Stick oval edges of card together and then stick into album by scored edges using strong pva glue.

Place stamped sentiment pieces into album and stick down smaller circle and butterfly to front of album. Add 'Grow' to butterfly as shown.


Thanks for stopping by the blog today, keep cool and happy crafting!


Heidi xx


    

 

 

Jigsaw Puzzle pieces

2 comments:

Jan said...

Fab first post, I love your mini album

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous first project! Take care and stay safe xxx