Friday 23 October 2020

3D Week - by Nikki Killinger

 Hi all,

It's my turn for this weeks 3D theme and I'm sharing a different take on Di's 'Butterfly Frame' workshop.

I painted the backboard in midnight chalk paint, and then applied crackle glaze with a sponge.  The top coat was chalkboard grey.  This left a fine crackle.  I highlighted it with red paint just by dry brushing, and stamped a text stamp over the top.  

The next layer is the arched frame, and was painted in midnight, and then dry brushed in silver.  

The top frame was also painted in midnight, and crackle glaze applied.  Over this I sponged warm white, which gives a distressed crackled look.

I whitewashed the text page, and adhered the painted plaster heart to the centre of the frame.  

Some transfers were added on the frame, and the diamonds were painted black and stamped in red text.

Hope you like it.  

You can still purchase the workshop here, and it will have instructions for Di's lovely Butterfly Frame.  I just thought I would show you a darker take on it. x

Have fun crafting,

Best Wishes,

Nikki

x


No comments: