Saturday 4 December 2021

Whimsical Birds, kit of the month - Sharon Nettleship

 This month's kit is the Whimsical Bird kit and it has 3 birds to make up and 3 A4 backboards. They are so versatile and you can dress them up any way you want. You could even make them festive! So now I have to confess I mucked up on one of them so I have just the two to show, sorry. 


 For my first whimsical bird I gessoed all my pieces and then used stencils and texture paste. I've used Tando's  background stencils for the legs,wings and backboard.


I then used gloss sprays all over the backboard in Autumnal colours. I left this to dry while I worked on the other pieces. 


Again for the body, legs and wings I've used gloss sprays and gold wax to edge it. I highlighted his crest with a white pen and painted it with black acrylic. For the head and beak I've used some acrylic paint and gold wax for the edges.










I've used the Tando leaf branch with 3 leaves  and inked them up with distress oxides and gold wax. 


Once the backboard was dry I adhered the bird and leaves and here is the final piece.


For my pretty little girl bird I gessoed all the pieces first . For the backboard I have used 3 shades of Pentart antiquing gel. I then used one of the Tando stencils and crackle texture paste in white. When this was dry I stamped some images randomly. 


I painted the body and wings with a chalk paint and edged them with black ink and rub on stitching. For the wings I white embossed them with a flower stamp. The pockets and little flowers have been made using grab bags from Tando.



The head and eyes/beak came seperate in my bird so I painted them white exept the beak and crest. I added black paint for the eyes and gave her pink, rosy cheeks. I dabbed on some texture sand paste for the beak and then painted it. Again it was all edged with black ink and highlighted with a white pen. 




The legs have also been painted and I've used the Tando stencil with white paint.






Once everything was dry I adhered the bird to the backboard. And here she is. 

Products used:

Acrylic paints - https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/premium-acrylics.html
Tando Creative - Grab bags

No comments: