Wednesday 13 January 2016

Elephant Card for Baby


Hi friends! Dana here today sharing a card that I created to welcome a new baby. I covered an elephant from the Elephant Bunting Set with patterned paper and lightly sanded the edges for a soft finish. (There are 8 elephants in the bunting set, so I still have 7 more to embellish!) I painted the chipboard eye with white acrylic paint and then colored the eye lashes black with a marker. To add a bit of whimsy to my design, I attached a google eye to the top of the painted eye piece.

Once the elephant was assembled, I glued it to a card base of layered cardstock. I added a piece of flair with the sentiment "brand new," and made it into a balloon by attaching a piece of string between the flair and the elephant trunk. I finished this card with a red heart for a pop of color.

You can find the pieces I used for this card and more in the Tando Creative Retail Store! We'd love to see what you create for our Card Challenge! To be in with a chance of winning some great Tando goodies of your choice, please make a piece based on our weekly themes and link your project, not just your blog, using the inlinkz tool located at the top of the Tando Blog. You don't have to use any Tando product, but, if you do, you will be entered into the draw twice! There are no limits to how many times you enter, however, we do request that you only enter your piece for 5 challenges. We look forward to seeing your creations!

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Carol Plume said...

great card Dana -loving the elephant…xx