Thursday 21 January 2016

Art Journal for anything goes

Hi guys,Liz here for this weeks anything goes theme and I decided to have a go this year at a Art Journal,
I am fairly  new to mixed media so i thought this would be a fab way to try things out,
I have made a cover for it first keeping it fairly flat so it doesn't stop me using the inner pages,
I wanted the Baroque mask to be the main feature so i have kept the background subtle to make her stand out,
I started with some white gesso, when dry i went over with some water based paints and also used some of the purple from a mister but I took a little of the paint out and painted it on with a brush here and there,
I used the Sequin Waste mask with some of the same colours and stenciled it here and there for a little interest,
I then used the Distressed mini Diamond mask with modeling paste and went over with some fluid acrylics when dry,
I used a couple of my stamps in my stash, then stenciled on the Baroque mask using black Gesso,
A few watered down white gesso drips of my paint brush finish it off,

Hugs Liz xx
PS: If you fancy joining us we would love to see your work, just click the link above,


No comments: