Tuesday 26 September 2017

A Fragile Heart by Jane

Hello!

I am really pleased to be back for another post for Tando Creative, especially as this week it is Crackle Medium!  These are some of my favourite products and effects and I decided to go for quite a subtle crackle look which is why I have included some close up photos in my post...


At the moment I seem to have a bit of a love of wings, so I decided to create a winged heart using the heart shape from the Industrial Wings kit plus one of the larger wing sets.

I started with the background on the tag using the Industrial Elements stencil and texture paste, then created a pitted and rusted metal effect using paint and salt (as demoed by Andy Skinner).
On the wings and cog I used the Decoart crackle paint which gives a lovely egg shell type crackle effect, then used the patina antiquing cream and finally a wash of quinacridone gold to age it even more...


As I wanted slightly bigger cracks on the heart I used the crackle paste, which was also painted then antiquing cream added.
I was lucky enough to attend one of the days at Di's Tando retreat in August so used some of the circle grid that I had left and dipped it in watered down Prussian blue hue, as we had learnt in the workshop, for a bit of background detail.  Then the little nuts and bolts from the Industrial Elements set were made to look like rusty metal using Decoart paints and gilding wax...


Finally the main finishing touch was the sentiment from the Handle with Care stamp set, and to add a different sort of crackle that did not require any medium I used the crackle stamp from Bee Crafty...


Touches of gilding wax were then added and finally I punched extra holes into my grey board tag to create a rusty wire hanger!

These are some of the products I used, you can click on the links to see more details...

* Greyboard Tag Size 9 (Tando)
* Wings Set (Tando)
* Industrial Wings Kit (Tando)
* Industrial Elements Kit (Tando)
* Grid Round (Tando)
* Industrial Elements Stencil (Andy Skinner)
* Handle With Care Stamp Set (Andy Skinner)
* Decoart Crackle Paint
* Decoart Crackle Paste
* Decoart Fluid Acrylics

Thank you for taking the time to look at my project and post, it is much appreciated :)

Happy crafting and crackling!

Jane xx



2 comments:

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Jane this is fabulous really love what you have done. x

sanpiseth40 said...

really love what you have done. x


ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา