Friday 25 October 2019

Sundial by Dee

Hi everyone Dee here with  my decorated sundial designed by Fiona Randal. I love this it is 
such lovely set. I started by making the sundial bit first I had decided that I would emboss it so that it looked like metal. I triple embossed to give it a beaten metal feel.


I used Deco art paint to add colour to the embossed dial i used fluid acrylic in Prussian Blue Hue, Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide, Quinacridone gold. I used antiquing cream in Patina & Black alongside the fluid acrylic.


I started with gluing it all together then painting the entire piece with Deco art black gesso mixed with Raw Umber Premium acrylic.


Next I applied Deco Art Crackle paint i allowed it to dry naturally I had also put Deco art texture sand paste on the base and on the top of the sun Dial.


I painted the base of the sundial plate with media fluid acrylic silver paint then watery washes of Raw Umber Prusian Blue, Transparent yellow Iron Oxide, Quinacridone gold. I used a sponge to apply versa fine ink in patches and sprinkled on chunky silver embossing powders. I painted patina antiquing cream into the arms of the star this was then filled with crackle graze.


Washes of Raw Umber see above were applied also quinacridone gold to rust it up and patches of Raw Umber were applied where I had used Andy Skinners resist paste.


 I used Antonis Tzanidakis - Mechanical Fantasy to help decorate the base of the dial which I have decorated with washes of raw umber along with Transparent iron oxide and some quinacridone gold.
Butterfly were used to give a slightly different slant to it.


I hope you have enjoyed reading about how I created the sundial as much as I have enjoyed making it. Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Cheers Dee x


This kit is being shown on Hochanda today 






2 comments:

seahag said...

I had no idea that it was a paper kit!! Way to go! It’s awesome!

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Thank you x