Tuesday 29 October 2019

Spooky and Creepy Tag by Jane

Hello!

As we are heading towards Halloween, this week the theme on the Tando Creative blog is Spooky and Creepy and I decided to decorate one of the technique binder tags...


I started by using the small cobweb stencil by Tando Creative with crackle paste.  This was done at the top and the bottom of the tag and I filled in any spaces in between with more paste.  To make sure my webs all looked joined up I used my pokey tool to make some of the lines longer, scraping back the paste.

Once this had dried and cracked I used a shimmery spray ink in metallic silver to add colour.  I liked the way the colour soaked into the exposed grey board areas but left the crackle paste quite light and decided to leave the colour like that...


Using a spider from the Tando grab bag, I added some texture sand paste then once it was dry used purple paint and silver gilding wax.

I stamped out the poison bottle using a Bee Crafty stamp from my stash, this then had clear embossing powder added.  A bit of colour was added using Faber Castell pens then I re stamped the label to add another layer to the bottle.

The words were chosen from the Tim Holtz clippings set, and I picked 3 that I thought went with the spooky theme which I backed onto black card for extra stability...


Here are the links to the products used:

* Technique Binder and Tags
* Grab Bag of Spiders
* 4" x 4" Stencil - Cobweb
* Decoart Media Line - Crackle Paste; Texture Sand Paste

There will be more spooky projects this week from the rest of the team so do please pop back to see them.

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

1 comment:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

OMG this is so cool! I love the crackle paste background!