Friday 9 August 2019

Art Journaling Week - 'Explore the Deep' by Jane

Hello!

It is Art Journal week on the Tando Creative blog and in the last couple of years this is something I have really developed a love for!  So I was very pleased when Di produced some Tando elements that were extra thin especially for art journals...


My journal pages usually develop as I go along but I did want to use circles and when I saw two pages that I had already put some excess blue paint onto I had a feeling of where the spread was going to go!

I added teal spray ink and blue paint along with some white gesso to create my background colour.

Next I used modelling paste through the rings stencil and once this was dry added some archival ink around the edges of the page and swiped across the stencilling...


After that I added some background stamping using stamps from France Papillon and archival ink ('Rock n Rust', 'London New York' and 'Perfect Words').

To alter my Tando circles I added some spray ink then used clear embossing ink and shabby blue embossing powder from Stampendous before adhering them to the pages.  To add extra interest and contrast to the blue I painted orange watercolour and quinacridone gold acrylic around the circle areas and also allowed it to drip down.

Using the octopus stamp from France Papillon I added the tentacles directly to the top of one page then stamped it again onto card.  This was then cut out and coloured before adding to the spread...


Finally I stamped out some of the words from the 'Perfect Words' set and also added a sticker from a Tim Holtz set...


Here are the products I used which can all be found on the Tando Creative website:

* Tando Creative Extra Thins - Circles
* Tando Creative Stencil 260mm x 60mm - Rings
* France Papillon Stamp Sets - Rock n Rust; Perfect Words; Creepers and Crawlers; London New York
* Stampendous Embossing Powder - Shabby Blue
* Decoart Modelling Paste - White
* Decoart Fluid Acrylics - Quinacridone Gold

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments: