Friday 13 December 2019

Christmas Printer Tray

Hi there! Celia here,

For our Christmas Crafting theme, I have made a Christmas mini printer tray.
I started by looking through my stash for some mini Christmas embellishments. I picked a few from the Tando minis and made some with some old Christmas stamps I had.

I decorated the greyboard with embossing powder
and coloured in the stamped images with Promarkers. I varnished them with Triple Thick to make them a bit more substantial.

I primed the back of the printer tray with green chalk paint, then added Decoart green gold. Then I mono printed some other greens with textured wallpaper (a Seth Apter technique) and stamped some Christmas script with black Archival. I painted the star in gold and the tub in raw umber.

I stuck the three top parts together with mat medium, putting a heavy book on top for a while to get good adhesion. I primed it with gesso so that the finish would be nice and bright.

Then I painted it in a bronze paint. This looked a bit too pretty for my liking, so I rusted it instead, stippling on some media fluid acrylics in burnt umber, transparent iron oxide & quinacridone gold. Much better!
For the sparkly star, I filled it with triple thick and sprinkled glitter on top. Do this in two layers, as it shrinks a bit as it dries.
I stuck the tree together and stuck all the little decorations inside. Some of them I bumped up with sticky pads to give a bit of height.



Have a happy Christmas, and thanks for stopping by!

Celia x

No comments: