Friday 8 May 2020

May Colour Theme - with Nikki



Morning everyone,

I made something for the colour theme week, I don't usually do these as I struggle sticking to 'rules'.. lol.  But these colours were so good together I couldn't resist.

I started with a media board that I had already put some modelling paste on, with the Clock stencil, and painted in magenta and turquoise, for a different project.  But something told me it would work well, so I stuck with it.

To disguise the turquoise (as it wasn't in the theme), I added pale grey/blue chalk paint and yellow iron oxide to areas just really roughly with the paintbrush.  A bit like the theme above!

Once I had finished messy painting, I added transfers to certain areas in keeping with the time theme, and stamped in a dark burgundy in random places.

I painted a Tando ATC coin in the grey, then stamped in yellow chalk paint with a distressed wallpaper stamp.  These pics are taken in the evening so the colours are more vibrant when seen on the finished piece.


This picture shows the background detail and layers on the media board background.


I took a plaster crown from my stash, and painted in a mulberry pink chalk paint, then finger painted over the relief bits with purple.  On top of this I highlighted in gold.  This was glued to the ATC to finish, and a final transfer number added for detail.


I absolutely love how busy and vibrant this is, and that depending on where you start with a piece of art you never know where it is going to end up.

Best Wishes,

Nikki K.
xxx

Products Used:

Tando Creative:
Media Board
ATC Coin
Clock face Stencil

Andy Skinner/Creative Expressions:
Enigma stamp.
Mixed Media Transfers
Distressed Wallpaper Stamp
Andy Skinner Structure Paste
Artist Pigment Yellow Iron Oxide Paint
Artist Pigment Paynes Grey
Quick Grab Glue

DecoArt Media:
Primary Magenta
Quinacridone Violet
Tinting Base
Cobalt Turquoise Hue (under layer).
Metallic Gold
Dioxazine Purple






No comments: