Tuesday 7 July 2020

Butterflies Binder

Hi there!
Celia here with a fabulous new journal to play with. They are the DL binders, and this one is roughly 15x23 cm. These will be on Hochanda on Monday 11th July. They come with some very versatile greyboard inserts, which you can really throw different media at.
I decided to go vintage this time, instead of my usual colourful, and it then developed into a butterflies and insects theme. I painted all the greyboard pieces in Decoart Chalk paint Whisper as a base coat. I stencilled some crackle paste on some of the greyboard pages. Then I used some of Seth Apter’s dye ink sprays to get a vintagey mottled effect, and then some washes of transparent yellow iron oxide. It smudges the sprays a bit but that just added to the effect.
I used a variety of stamps to create a background, including Andy’s Textures set, then added the butterflies, some stamped with Archival and some with embossing powder. Most of them are Tim Holtz stamps. The cover has some Tim Holtz ‘melange’ tissue wrap for the main image. I painted the spine in DecoArt fluid acrylic burnt umber. I also added some tabs and note paper, using the new templates, to record all those butterfly sightings!
Finally I added a Book Plate covered in embossing powder. Here’s the finished journal.

Thanks for stopping by!

Celia x

No comments: