Tuesday 21 July 2020

Stenciled Square

Hi there!
Celia here, and this week our theme is stencils. I’m a bit obsessed with stencils so I thought I’d just let rip on one of the Tando greyboard squares. First I put down a quick background of DecoArt chalk paint in Escape and Vintage.
Then I started layering up with some blues (Tando 4x4 ‘distressed diamonds’ , stitches)

...and some purple (4x4 ‘distressed sequins’ , Andy Skinner ‘Whirlpool’)

...and some green (long stencil ‘rings’ ) and some numbers in black (Tando 4x4 ‘numbers’)
...and then some circles with the Chalk Paint (Tando 6x6 ‘Grid Round’). Then a bit of crackle paste and Andy Skinners ‘Baroque’ stencil, which I painted with a wash of Prussian Blue when dry.
Here’s the finished background. You can see that by layering up the stencils you can obtain a very complex looking background.

Then I painted my embellishments with gold and silver, and used embossing powder on the heart. (Small clock, Hearts Grab Bag) before sticking it all together.
And here’s the finished piece.

I hope you manage to get creative with stencils this week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Celia x


No comments: