Tuesday 3 May 2022

 

                                                        One Little Hexi - Bernadette


I made this size 10 greyboard tag https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/TAGS180X100.html with one little hexi frame https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/HXGNS2022.html I had left from another project.  I like to use up everything I get in any of my kits, so I added other bits and pieces to make this.




I started off by rubbing distress oxide pads onto my media mat - the colours I used were antique linen, bundled sage and frayed burlap.  I kept dipping my piece of ivory coloured card in, drying and repeating until I had the effect I wanted.  


I then drew around the card using the greyboard tag for the outline and cut it to shape using scissors. I glued the card to the tag using PVA glue.




I took a floral stamp and randomly stamped on parts of the tag using vintage photo distress ink. 



Using a floral stencil I added some texture using crackle paste and let it dry.


Once the crackle paste had dried, I used a stencil brush to add some definition to the crackled areas with vintage photo distress ink.




I painted my little hexi frame using a metallic brown paint and had a rummage around in my stash for some paper dolls, die cuts, ephemera and paper flowers.  To make the little bee tag, I die cut a tag then then die cut the middle using a rectangle die.  I inked it with vintage photo distress ink splattered a bit of water to remove some of the ink then added some stamping.  I cut a piece of acetate, stamped the bee using black Stazon then glued the acetate to the back of the tag.  (I added some thread to the tag but you will see on the finished photo I decided to take that off).


To put the tag together, I first glued some pieces of honeycomb which I had die cut from brown card.



I had a play around with the bits and pieces I had decided I was putting on my tag before sticking anything down.  Once I have pretty much decided where I want everything to go, I usually take a photo with my phone, take everything off the tag then glue each piece using the photo to make sure each piece is in the place I wanted to go.

I enjoy working with lots of substrates but love tags especially.  They are small enough to complete in one crafting session and robust enough to take lots of additional layers.  Would love to see anything you create in the Facebook Tando Creative Zone if I've inspired you to have a play.


Bye for now!

Bernadette xxx




 


No comments: