Sunday 8 May 2022

School Days Collection

Today I bring you a cute little project I have been pottering about with for a few weeks. Sticking to my promise of using up all my old vintage Scrapbook papers i stumbled across some cute little children at school papers and just knew i had to use them. And what better why to highlight the good old Days of school with a Tando printers tray and two large cubbey's.


Materials Used

Selection of vintage school themed papers & Ephemera

Black Gesso or Paint


Collection of Alpha stickers, all random

PVA Wood Glue

Tando Greyboard

Tando cubbey's.

Tando Printers Trays: rectangle



Instructions

I knew roughly my plan which was to have my cubbey's stacked on top of each other and have my printers tray next to it so I arranged then on my piece of greyboard, moving about until I was happy with the arrangement. I had to sacrifice the front cover of the printers tray sadly. Once finally happy, I cut the greyboard to size and gave everything a couple of coats of black gesso. At the same time I did a Tando Display Stand just in case. 



The greyboard back piece measured 8" x 8" in the end. I covered it in a piece of burgundy cardstock just slightly smaller. I then added a matt of green spotted patterned paper with sanded edged to that and set aside for later.

I glued my two cubbey's together, I secured with extra tape all over too. This will be hid with patterned paper. I cut strips of patterned papers and decorated both the inside and out side of my cubbey's. I sanded all the edges for a vintage worn look. I wasn't bothered about gaps or joins in my wallpapering inside as i knew the ephemera would hide it. The printers tray was a wee bit trickier. I placed a sheet of patterned paper on top and left it too dry over night. I then carefully used a craft knife to cut out the small holes. i sanded the edges down to give the aged vintage feel again. I added backgrounds to the cubbey's too. At this stage i glued both the cubbey's and printers tray the greyboard back piece and left over night to dry. I have said it before. I am a convert to the PVA wood glue that Di has on the web site, super strong and the applicators, where have you been all my life, lol


Next i just took a square at a time and began to just build up a little scene, adding layers of paper ephemera and 3D objects, moving stuff around until i was happy. This took awhile. I was like a kid with a new dolls house. 

First the Cubbey's



Then the smaller printer tray squares






The top of the display looked a little bare so i decorated it with some alpha stickers which i made little stands for 





I hope you like the little display of school days fun. I had so much fun tinkering about for days on end, it was like i was back at school again. Would love to see your creations if you have ago 

Sarah xx



No comments: