Friday 8 July 2022

Christmas in July Advent box by Sarah




I know its way too early to mention the C word but i wanted to get a head start on making myself my very own advent calendar. this year, one that i can fill with goodies like Miniature Gin and fancy treats, 

Materials










Paint in red blue, black and gold
Script stamp
Blank ink pad
Bakers twine
Small brass draw knob
Selection of Christmas scrapbook paper
Black A4 cardstock
Star shaped buttons
Gold Glitter
Beads

Instructions

I began by building my boxes. I love the PVA glue that Tando sells as its very fast drying. Once the boxes were dried, i gave them a couple of coats of red paint and laft them to dry over night. 






Next i cut some black cardstock to the size of each panel. i distress the edges of each piece and ran some gold paint along each edge.

I then took a selection of christmas papers and coordinated palin papers. I trimmed them slightly smaller than the black pieces. i again distressed the edges and added gold. I glued them to the boxes.





Next i took some Tando stars. I painted some in red, and black, I also covered some in blue paper. Once dry, i sanded them down to give them a shabby look. I also stamped them with a text stamp. 





I then took some advent numbers and covered them in fine gold glitter and added them to the front of the boxes. T then added small draw knobs then randomly glued stars all around the boxes. I tied star buttons and small Tando stars to the draw knobs with bakers twin to finish. I added large beads as feet to soom of my boxes too but i havent decided on my end configuration yet some they may be removed in time






I hope i have inspired you to make a start on your advent project. 

Sarah















No comments: