Sunday 3 July 2022

"A" Size Book Covers

 


Materials


"A" Sized Book Covers and Pre Drilled Spines

Set of hexagons

PVA Wood Adhesive

Scrapbook paper, graph paper, scrap paper

thread

beads

Bee print outs for decoration

Large needle


Instructions

I began by choosing my papers. I had a collection of scrap book papers that i just love. It has a nature theme of flowers and bee's and i knew it would go great on this series of little books.

I lay the covers and spine out on a piece of paper for each one with a slight gap between the spine to allow for the bend and closing. I then trimmed and sanded around the edges. I used a awl to poke through the pre made holes again.. I used patterned paper to cover the inside of the covers but i left the spine blank.

I used bees and hexagons to decorate the outside of the covers. The eagle eyed amongst you may notice the tags i made for Hex Tuesday earlier in the year using the same papers which i used to embellish the larger books





I made signatures from scrapbook papers, old graph paper, scrap paper etc to make little junk journal type books. I used the pre drilled holes in my spines as guides for the holes. Having the holes already made is so much easier when it comes to the binding process, thanks Di xx





To finish i added beads to my thread. I had intended to document our summer holidays and garden  adventures but my daughter has stolen the books already. Looks like i will be making another set soon 





Sarah



No comments: