Tuesday 5 July 2022

Hexi Tuesday - Hexi-Tag by Bernadette

 




Good Evening Everyone,

I've had quite a bit going on at home, work then holidays over the past couple of months and haven't been able to make as much with Tando products as I would like.  So when I decided to settle down and make this tag, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I had bought some Andy Skinner rice papers and knew they would be a perfect match with a Tando grey board tag (I used a size 10 tag, my favourite size, for this project) and some hexis from the bag of solids and frames 

https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/HXGNS2022.html

https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/TAGS180X100.html


I started by choosing the hexis I thought were the right size for my tag. I chose 2 solids the same size then a smaller one with a frame (not sure you can see very well in this picture, but the smaller one with the frame is the one in the middle)



Then came the boring bit, painting everything with gesso.  It's a good thing it dries so fast, I'm really impatient and bad at letting things dry properly but I wanted to make sure the colours on the rice paper stayed vibrant and I find that using gesso underneath rice paper is the best way to go.



I then painted the little hexi frame with black paint and added the rice paper to the tag and the solid hexis.  To adhere the rice paper to the tag and hexis, I used distress collage medium with a brush.



To add a bit of texture to the corners of the tag and some of the hexi corners, I used Tim Holtz transluscent grit paste.  The top photo of the 2 above show the grit paste just after it was applied - it is white and dries clear.  The second photo shows a hexi when the grit paste is dry and I have added some ground espresso and bronze distress crayon.  I also added some rub ons,


I sprayed a piece of ivory cardstock with a mix of distress sprays to use for die cutting.  I used weathered wood, rusty hinge, vintage photo distress ink sprays and added some uncharted mariner oxide spray.  I then did some die cutting using Tim Holtz Sizzix cogs and numbers dies.




I had a play around with everything I was using for the tag before deciding where I was going to stick everything down.  I added some Tim Holtz ephemera gauge pieces and a photo booth picture.


Final touches were the addition of the rusty wire through the tag hole and adding some vintage photo ink to the edges of everything before it was stuck down.

I would love to see anything you create if you have been inspired to have a play with a tag and some hexis.


Bye for now

Bernadette xxx




No comments: