Tuesday 28 June 2022

Hex Tex Tuesday- Abstract Wall Art- Fiona Randall

 

Welcome back for another Hex Tex Tuesday.

I love abstract art so decided to create a simple wall panel using the hexagons in a Monochromatic style.


I cut a Panel measuring 8x8ins from a Tando Grey Board Sheet and gave it a coat of DecoArt Chalky Finish in Carbon to both sides of the panel. Once dry I gave both sides of the panel a coat of DecoArt Ultra Matte varnish to seal and protect the chalky finish.
For this project I used 7 of the  hexagons . 

I gave all the hexagons a coat of DecoArt Media Tinting  base and dried with a heat tool.
Once dry I stamped all the hexagons with textures from Chocolate Baroque's Harlequin Fragments Rubber Stamp Set with Black Archival Ink.
I cut one of the hexagons as shown in the diagram below.


I drew a line from corner to corner left to right and then right to left.
As you will see you end up with a cross and have two diamond and two triangle shapes.
Cut along the cross lines with a ruler and a craft knife.

Next up arrange your hexagons onto the panel as shown.
To finish add a sentiment strip if desired.
I chose to go with a Monochromatic theme but this would look just as good using a riot of colour. The possibilities are endless.
A quick and easy project that would look great on any wall in your home or studio.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read
Fiona.

PRODUCTS USED.























No comments: