Wednesday 8 June 2022

Spread Your Wings. Butterfly Tag Plaque- Fiona Randall

 

Morning all Fiona Here with another Butterfly Tag Plaque.



I used one of the Tando Long Tags which come in a pack of 5 and are great value for money. I traced around the tag onto a piece of white card stock and cut with a craft knife.
Next up I sprinkled some Lindy's Magical powders ( you can use Brushos too) onto a tim holtz acrylic stamping block. Now this was a happy accident as the block has a grid system etched into it so you can line up your stamps and I sprinkled the powders onto this side by mistake as opposed to the smooth side.. I gave the block a spritz of water and then used the block as a stamp to transfer the now dissolved powders onto the tag. This is where the happy accident occurred as you can see it picked up the grid lines of the block too. What a cool effect. This was then attached to the long tag with DecoArt Decoupage Matte Glue.
Next I applied a coat of white DecoArt Media Gesso to two of the Tando Square frames and dried with a heat tool. I then gave them a spritz of water and applied the Lindy's magicals as a watercolur and dried. I then splattered with a brush another colour from the set of Lindy's magicals to both frames and then inked the edges with black archival ink when dry.
I then gave a coat of DecoArt Chalky Finish in Carbon to one of the Tando Mini Keys and added a chinese coin to the top of it as shown.
I then stamped two butterflys from Chocolate Baroqus Butterfly mind stamp set with versafine ink onto a piece of vellum. Then heat embossed with white embossing powder. The butterflies were then fussy cut out. I added a wash of colour to the smaller of the butterflies with Lindy's magicals.
I then glued the frames to to the tag and then glued the key on top of the frames. The butterflies were then glued and layered together and some black gems added to form the body. This was then attached to the key as shown.
I then stamped the sentiment from the Butterfly Mind Stamp set with black Archival Ink and cut out. I then layered onto black card stock and trimmed before applying to the tag base.
I then cut a piece of Tando Grey Board to size and attached a piece of the same white card stock to create a totally white base. I could have painted this but I wanted the same colour base  as the tag.
I am quite pleased how this happy accident turned out.
Thanks for stopping by today
Fiona xx

PRODUCTS USED.












OTHER PRODUCTS.

Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals- Deutch Deserts.

White Card Stock 300gsm

Black Archival Ink Pad

Versamark Ink Pad

WOW White Embossing Powder

Tiny Black Gems.

Small Chinese Coin








No comments: