Monday 8 August 2022

Large Match Box by Nicky Roussou

 Large Match Box by Nicky Roussou

Hello lovely creative people and welcome to my blog post for the fab Tando-Creative Large Match Box.

I made this box over a few evenings and unfortunately, I forgot to take photos as I went along but I will talk you through what I done to create this.

It all started with some very light weight air dry clay and making a selection of different types of toadstools. I need a home to display them and what better place than one of the large Match Boxes!

For the outside of the box I started by coating with some black gesso

On the outside of the box I used the Tim Holtz 3D embossing folder to give it a woodgrain effect. I painted the woodgrain with some Decoart Brown paint.

 I then used the Stampier Rust Effect Stencil to give it some dimension and selectively painted in some colours to give it a rusty feel. These were a Teal and Orange and then used a metallic bronze to highlight some bits on the raised stencilled areas. This was then all coated with a layer of Decoart quin gold (one of my favourites) 

I made some flat back toadstools too which I used for the front of the box. I gave them a bit of sparkle too with the Stampier glass sparkles.

I also added 2 medium size Tando-Creative layered butterflies with some metallic rose gold paint by decoart and a few sparkles too and a delicate  bit of chiffon with burnt edges behind to add to the rustic look.

For the inside of the match box, I used the Tim Holts 3D embossing folder to create a brick wall which I then painted it brown and highlighted some brick edges with some metallic gilding wax.

I painted up and used 4 of the toadstools I have made and placed them inside the match box (don't they look cute!)

I added some green moss to the base to give the effect of them growing from the ground and then used a little Cadence green to give the impression the moss was growing.

Lastly, I used the Tim Holtz 3D mini frame, painted brown and highlighted with a wonderful little quote that reads " Today is a good day to try"


Thank you for reading and feel free to ask any questions.

Much Love x


PRODUCTS USED:

Tando-Creative Large Match Box

Tando-Creative Layered Butterflies

Decoart Paint: Teal, Orange,
Burnt Umbra, Quin Gold









No comments: