Friday 5 August 2022

Specimen Binder- Fiona Randall

 Morning Lovely People. Fiona here today to show you a specimen binder I ceated.


I created the front and back covers and also the spine from Tando Grey Board sheets.
I sprayed some cracked leather card stock with distress Ink sprays and dried with a heat tool. Once dry the corners were stamped and embossed with distress embossing Glaze. The card stock was then cut to size  glued in place to fit the front and back covers which had been given a coat of DecoArt Chalky finish in carbon. The book was then assembled and the inside decorated with scrap book papers with an entemology theme from my stash. The front cover was then decorated as shown.


Next job was to create the specimen cabinet and for this I used a Tando Mini Printer Tray. Once assembled and decorated  Using Butterfly and Moth Ephemera from my stash I used another Mini Printer Tray to create my door.


 All the sections were cut away to be left with a frame. This was distressed using DecoArt Chalky Finish to give a worn and pitted effect. A piece of acetate was attached to the frame and a hitch fastener to create the little knob to open. The door was then attached to the printer tray with small brass hinges and then glued to the back book cover. As you can see I created a little folio for the inside left front cover. This was achieved using one of the templates from the Tando A6 Template pack and then adhered to the cover.


I then created a notebook to fit snugly inside the folio as shown to take down all those important notes from your field trip.
I hope you enjoyed how this project came together. 
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.
Hugs Fiona.


PRODUCTS USED.











OTHER PRODUCTS.

Tim Holtz:_ Cracked Leather Card Stock,
Distress Spray Stains, Vintage Photo Walnut Stain and Gathered Twigs
Distress Embossing Glaze Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Stamp, Baroque, Entemology anf Field Notes.
Archival Ink in Ground Espresso.

Versamark Embossing Ink


Scrapbook papers and ephemera from my stash










3 comments:

Maxine Boot said...

Love your idea and the results are stunning

Maz said...

Wow and the cabinet totally gorgeous 🦋x🧡x🦋

Nicky Roussou said...

Beautiful Fiona. Just love the idea of the cabinet door. fab!