Wednesday 17 August 2022

Squares by Dee

Hi everyone Dee here with a rare post. I was having a play with trying to be minimalist hah! It didn't workout and ended up with this. So I think one of the squares is from a coaster set I am not sure of the other but they are Tando squares the measurements are 3.5 inch x 3.5 inch second sq 4 x 4.


I cut out a piece of watercolour paper to fit the smaller square and gave it a coat of gesso. I followed with inks in black, dark brown and old gold. Spritz with water and dry between colours.


Once I was happy I stamped text with a artistic stamper stamp along with a background stamp.
It was looking a bit dark so applied crackle paint with a pallet knife.


The above coin was painted with raw umber and the Antiquing creams were used to give it a lovely patina. Foundry wax was used to highlight the texture on the coin.


Washi tape was used along the centre. A small circle from the circle grab bag was used to mount the coin onto before applying to the board. I really enjoyed making this hope to be back soon.

Cheers Dee x

Tando products used



 

No comments: