Wednesday 11 January 2023

Colour Inspiration - January 23

 May be an image of text

Happy new year, folks!

Here's a quick and easy tag using our Inspiration colours for January. I don't have the exact colours so I used:

Jo Sonja's Aqua for #14A098

DecoArt's Media Fluid Acrylic Medium Grey Value 6 for #CCCCCC

DecoArt's Americana Carousel Pink with a touch of True Red for #CB2D6F

DecoArt's Americana Dioxazine Purple with a touch of Primary Blue for #501F3A

DecoArt's Americana Lamp Black for #0F292F

(I also snuck in tiny strokes of Titanium White for highlights.)

I used a 74x138 Tando Creative Mixed Media Board, with a couple of coats of white gesso to keep the colours bright.

I applied a good layer of pink to the lower end of the tag then, while it was wet, applied Aqua to the upper end and blended the two in the middle section. 

Once it was dry the colours on my pallet were starting to dry, too, so I used a firm bristle brush to dab the thick pink along the lower part of the tag. I did the same with the Aqua to the upper part, but dated with my finger. This gave a textured look.

When dry I used the scroll stencil from the Tando Creative Background and Flourish Stencils set and sponged the purple over the background. I used a fine liner brush to add the grey flourishes (with a little white as highlights!)

I edged the tag in black, added some rustic string - and finished.

You could use a flower stencil, or may be stamp a sentiment across the background.



No comments: