Saturday 7 January 2023

Lets Create Art Case

 


This week Jan, one of our DT set a colour theme challenge over on the Tando FB page so whilst i had a few more days off before i returned back to work i joined in.


Materials

Black Paint
Rangers distress Oxide Sprays
Water colour wax pencils in Pink, Purple, Teal
Scrapbook paper. Mine was IndigoBlu
Stamps and black ink (IndigoBlu)
Large elastic band as fastener
Leather strap and brads

Instructions

I began building my case and by painting the whole art case in black paint, being careful around the hinge. I build mine with the clipboard clip on the outside as i wanted to be able to use the case as a drawing board board but it can be easily be build with the clip on the inside too.




Next i covered each side with patterned paper, slightly smaller than the case so i had a slight black border. I had to use the side pieces of the case as a template for the paper so do this before you build, so much easier. 



I also covered the inside compartments too





Once dry and well stuck i added some hand cut flowers and butterflies before i randomly set to wrork with some distress ink 




I stamped on some art images ie paint brushes and paint tubes and coloured them in with my water colour crayons in the scheme coloures



I took a Tando Create Word and sprayed it blue/Teal ready for the front cover. 



To finish i added a handle as i wanted to take the case on my travels with me. i cut a strip of leather. I then drilled two holes in the side panels and attached the leather strap with some brads



I used a hair band to secure the front flap



I hope i have inspired you to get creative this January and join in with our colour challenge 

Sarah x





No comments: