Sunday 15 January 2023

Nicky's Colour Inspiration









 I had half started this project and given the colour inspiration, it was a great opportunity to finish this make.



I started with painting the whole book in black Gesso.


I placed some ribbon on the inside for closing the book. This will be hidden behind some paper.



So I don't know about you but I love a paper stack but I generally don't like to use them haha... anyway I usually buy two and this paper was from one of the very first stacks which caught my attention many years ago called MariPoser.


I used Tim Holts vintage photo distress ink on the paper edges.


The edges look lovely and distressed against the black Gesso, 


For the inside of the specimen book I used a number of different stencils and mediums to give effect. Each page is a different colour to go with the months theme. 


I have decorated each page with a colour for the theme. Page one has a crackle paint and decorated in a Teal colour. Page two is a Burgundy with a grain medium. Page three is the pink and page 4 was the Grey. Each one has a different butterfly die cut and each was heat embossed.  








Fot the front of the book I used some Tando-Creative sub straight. There was the Tando layered Butterfly, the angel wings, mini clocks and a key from my stash.


I gave each piece a layer of Lava Paste which I just love.



The wings and butterfly were layered on the front of the book and I added a little gilding wax to highlight the lava paste which gives it a great effect. 


PRODUCTS USED:

SELECTION OF ACRYLIC PAINTS (TEAL/
GILDING WAX FROM MY STASH

































 



 
 

No comments: