Saturday 26 October 2019

Crackle Week - Nikki K

Morning all,

It's my turn for the Crackle week post, hope you've enjoyed everyone's inspiration this week.

I took one of Di's fab Ring Binders, and painted it first in Everlasting Chalk Paint.  I then added a layer of Americana Chalk Crackle, which only works with the chalk paints.  But instead of doing a different colour for the top layer..  I did a 'same colour' crackle, so Everlasting over the top again.  This still gives a crackle, but more of a subtle texture than contrast.

When the crackle had dried, I added black modelling paste through the Suit's stencil, which I love. I covered the front and back, but left the edges. I then added a wash of Cadmium Red Hue inside and out.  This gave a sheen on top of the black modelling paste, as well as seeping into some of the crackle, and leaving other spaces whiter.


I felt it was bright at this point, and I wanted a darker, more sinister look, for a sort of 'dark Alice in Wonderland' feel.  So I added Black Antiquing Cream and wiped back in places.  I gave a plaster heart the same treatment, red paint then antiquing cream.  I also dry brushed Interference Gold paint to give a sheen.


The whole binder was given a coat of Matte Varnish, to seal the Antiquing Cream and protect it.


I also made a plaque in the same way, with a Tando greyboard square I had, and a plaster skull.


Hope this gives you some ideas,

Best Wishes,

Nikki K.
xxx

Products Used:

Tando Creative
Ring Binder
Greyboard Pieces (Plaque)
Suits Stencil

DecoArt Paints:
Everlasting Chalk Paint
Americana Chalk Crackle
Cadmium Red Hue Media
Black Antiquing Cream
Ultra Matte Varnish
Interference Gold Media
Quinacridone Gold (on plaque)
Raw Umber (on plaque)

Other:
Skull from own Mold
Heart Clock from Stamperia Mold




2 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

This is jaw dropping gorgeous!

Jan said...

Nikki. Please respond to my messages about the paintbrushed