Wednesday 13 March 2019

Dark and Moody with Fiona.

 
Good morning Fiona Here. This weeks theme is Dark and Moody a theme right up my street. Now I would normally go down the skull/Ravens/ Gothic theme but I have took a break from that and gone in a completely different direction but still with a Dark and Moody feel to the project.
 
 
I started with a size 9 Tando Grey Board tag and created my background with a new technique that I have playing around with using Carbon Black and Titan Buff Fluid Acrylics. This was then given a coat of  Ultra Matte Varnish to seal. I cut a piece of Tando Grey Board to make a topper for the tag and gave it a coat of Tinting base. I then mixed a little Raw Umber fluid acrylic into Titan Buff Fluid Acrylic  and applied to the topper. Once dry I stamped with Black Versafine Ink the gothic text butterfly image from Chocolate Baroque's Butterfly Poppy Collage stamp set. I then stamped the image again and cut out the Butterfly colured with watered down Paynes Grey Fluid Acrylic and the mounted onto the main stamped image to give a feel of movement. The edges were then distressed and mounted onto to the tag base. The quote was then computer generated and printed onto a piece of heavy cardstock which had been painted with the Raw Umber Titan Buff mix, edged in black versafine ink and then mounted onto the tag to finish.
Something different from me but I think I captured the Dark and Moody feel to the project.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Fiona.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Black Versafine Ink Pad.
 
 
 


No comments: