Wednesday 2 September 2020

'Disconbobulated' by Jan

Hello,

I've also gone with the September Colour Theme this week. I find using limited colours really challenging (especially colours I don't use very much)!
As I'm typing this I realise the smaller sizes of hexies are being released on Mondays Hochanda show (don't tell Di I've given you a sneak peak...).
This is our colour palette:

I love the Hexi shape - it has so many possibilities, and I wanted a piece of wall art for a red brick wall - and then my inspiration thumbed a lift out of town and took the creative fairy with it, and I started finding the washing pile and hoovering insisting on my immediate attention... you know how it goes! So I moved some dust around, made another cup of tea and sat at my desk and stopped overthinking it and got some paint and a brayer out. Before I knew it the stencils, stamps, embossing powder and posca pens were all whirling around and making themselves useful. The sentiment really expresses how I was feeling before I started to create 👍
I hope you like the result...




Don't forget to watch the Hochanda shows on Monday for the new releases, some inspiration and some fab demos with Di.

I used:

Hexagons: https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/CSTRSHEX.html
DecoArt paint: https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/media-fluid-acrylics.html
Tando Stencils: https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/4-x-4-stencils.html

I also used:
Andy Skinner Embossing Powder: https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/andy-skinner-embossing-enamels.html
Posca pens in white and black
Various stamps and stencils from my stash

5 comments:

Linda Taylor said...

I love this Jan, it's so clever, I love the colour palette you have used, I think I would like to try doing this ������

Jan said...

Go for it Linda, it’s fab to do the individual pieces then glue them (or not) in to a pleasing pattern. I might be adding to it....

Craftychris said...

Sooooo cool! Take care and stay safe xxx

Nikki K said...

Love this, and your mind 😊. Xx

Karin said...

Love this clever piece and the super colour palette! Xx