Wednesday 9 September 2020

A Vintage Tag


Hi there!

Celia here with a tag for our ‘vintage’ theme this week. I have been making a few vintagey things recently, which is a change from my usual bright colours.

I picked out a couple of tando tags (size 5 and size 9) and a media board. I embossed the small tag with an embossing folder, then primed the tags with Whisper chalk paint and the media board with Relic. Then I added some washes of Yellow Iron Oxide and Raw Umber to age them, followed by English iron oxide on the smaller tag.


Then I added some stamping to the large tag, using the Harebell stamps from Chocolate Baroque. Also some random texture stamps in brown Archival. Then I used some crackle paste round the edges of the small tag and painted it brown when dry, followed by black antiquing cream and some silver gilding paste.


I found an old picture of my granny, scanned it and reduced it in size & printed it onto photo paper. I gave it a coat of matte medium then some One Step Crackle. When this was dried I used grey Antiquing Cream to age the photo. For the media board, I wetted the edges and used a craft knife to peel open some of the layers. Then edged in Paynes Grey and finally treasure gold. 

Then I added a few bits and pieces of fabric, washi tape and buttons before glueing the tags together. My granny was an excellent dressmaker, so the buttons and fabric seams appropriate. I edged the large tag with brown ink, then added some vintage gold embossing powder.


Here’s the finished tag. The greyboard is great for throwing lots of different mediums at so you can really go to town when ageing a piece. 



Thanks for stopping by!

Celia x

2 comments:

wizzo said...

Love this Celia. So lovely that the photo is your Granny xxx

Celia Low said...

Thanks Wizzo! x