Monday 7 September 2020

Hochanda Monday by Jan

Hello folks,  did you manage to catch Di and the new releases on Hochanda today? if not you can watch them on 'Rewind'.

Here are my samples: 

this first one is from the Shapes Bundle.  I used a modelling paste through a stencil on the middle and smaller hexies then painted them (in order of size) Prussian Blue, Purple and Lime Green. I painted the bee and the crown resin pieces in gold then used black Antiquing cream, wiped back, to age them. The cabuchons I painted with some orange paint on the back and the leaves are a die cut I had in my stash, then flicked watered down gold over the lot. 


These tall Journals  are a real pleasure to work with. I picked some bright colours for my sample, and gave them a background that I'd learned to do in a Kate Crane class during lockdown. I used the houses and flower  pack, painted then doodled (as you get to know my work, you'll see I nearly always doodle somewhere...)


For the insides I used some dot grid paper and marked them up like diary pages, to do lists and a wish list. I also used a couple of gelli plate pulls that were sitting in my stash, and some stamped images coloured up to match.

The binding was really easy to do. I love sewing in signatures with colour threat that I usually use for stitching a quilt top (it's nice and strong)


 Here's one of the 'diary' pages with a gelli print with some stenciling over the top, and of course, some doodling.



The shows can be found on Hochanda.com and they were at 7am and 11am.



No comments: