Friday 4 September 2020

September Colour Theme - Autumn Hues in Blue


Good morning,

Heidi here to share a small blog project using colours from our September Colour Theme challenge.


I really love these colours together and a great alternative to the usual browns and oranges.

I am an autumn girl, have my birthday this month and just love all of the falling leaves, chilly evenings and any excuse to get my jumpers out of storage.

I decided to alter a Tando tag, I love a tag, such an easy way to express your creativity and here is how I did mine:


Products Used : 

Tando - Tag

Tando - Mini Tags - Leaves and Woodland

Tando Stencils : Dot stream and Leaves

Americana Decor Paints in Legacy, New Life and Enchanted.

PaperArtsy : Double Denim paint

Distress Oxide : Chipped Sapphire and Speckled Egg

White Gesso and Glossy Accents

Chocolate Baroque : Edgy Edges Alphabet

Page from an old book

Usual suspects : Glue, Versafine inkpad and smoothies


Method :

I started off by covering my tag with the old page piece that I had left over from a workshop kit. I brayered over some of the above inks and dried each colour before applying the next.

Added the gesso via the dotty stencil and the 'Legacy' paint through the leaf one.

Paint all of the leaves and acorns using the different colours, leave to dry. Add some glossy accents to a couple of the leaves and dots with Posca pens.

Stamp up 'Autumn Hues' using the alphabet with Versafine ink. Cut out and colour edges with inkpad.

Once dry, add all of the elements to the tag.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.

Don't forget to catch our lovely Di on Hochanda this Monday 7th September with lots of wonderful new things and DT inspiration for you.


Heidi

xx


 

 

No comments: