Thursday 5 November 2020

Colour Theme with a twist by Jan

Hello, were you a 'Jarma Llama' last month? What a fantastic creative time we had 💜. If you didn't join in this year, maybe you'd like to join us for the next one? Keep tuning in to be the first to see dates and booking details...

This weeks colour theme really appealed to me. Purple and all it’s tones, however as I sat and thought about my project something completely different began to emerge! Hopefully you’ll of seen the matchboxes that Di launched on Hocahanda last week and from Celia’s project on the amazing 'Comfy Pyjamas Retreat’... I couldn't wait to have a play with the smallest one...


I assembled the matchbox and gave it a dark coat of chalk paint, then rubbed on some resist paint and then a top coat in a paler colour of the chalk paint. When it dried I rubbed back where I'd put the resist medium, so that it gave a worn paint look. I did the same with the drawer and one of the thin greyboard pages. Stamping a Chocolate Baroque background stamp with some versafine ink I heat embossed some powder and let that all cool and dry properly, covered everything in some crackle glaze and when dried rubbed in some white antiquing cream, which was also rubbed back before using crackle paste for the word. Phew!

The wings and the little bird skull are resin from my stash, painted and grunged up with waxes and some stippled paint, some scraps of fabric and a metal embellie were all added to some scrap greyboard (to give it height) and stuck on with some heavy duty goo.


Here's what i was supposed to be working towards! Creativity sometimes takes you down a completely different track doesn't it 😅


What I used:





from my stash:

Resin and metal pieces, pieces of fabric, beads.

Thanks for stopping by 👍


 








No comments: