Monday 9 November 2020

Project: Artist in Residence


Hi there fellow artists! Celia here.

This whole 'Artists in Residence' idea came from an article in Cloth Paper Scissors magazine, by one of my art inspirations - Seth Apter. He went to Taos in New Mexico to immerse himself in art and just create stuff. I thought this second lockdown would be the perfect time to do the same. When life gives you lemons, and all that.

So I was working on a small matchbox and that has become the first piece in my ‘installation’. Pretentious, moi? It has been well and truly Sethed, if that is a verb. Lots of layers, paint, stencils, stamping, embossing powder... So much so that the little book is too fat for the drawer. Oh well.



I’ve also made a door for my sign, which is, of course, purple. 

What’s next, I hear you ask? Who knows. I might even finish off one of my (many) unfinished projects. Most likely though is that I will start something new. I am ready to immerse myself in art now and see what happens as I dive into the pool of creativity. 







1 comment:

Jan said...

I love that you made a door for your sign 😆👍