Saturday 28 November 2020

Project: Artist in Residence - from Celia’s studio

 Hi there Tando Tribe

As my Residency is drawing to a close, I thought I’d show you what I’ve been up to. I did some actual art! Both are done on watercolour paper, one is 8x8 and one is 10x8 inches. 

The first one started out as a few bits of collage and some messy underpainting. I used some scraps of gelli printing for the collage.


I thought it would end up as a landscape to I stuck some more paper down the middle. These started to become mountains, so with more layers of paint and more paper, it became a mountain landscape. Most of the paint was applied with my fingers - my new favourite way of painting. I was influenced here by Roxanne Evans Stout - go check her out, she has a lovely style https://www.roxanneevansstout.com/


The next one I thought of on a dog walk. It’s a little lane right by our house that was lit up glowing yellow in the autumn sun. That was lots of layers, mostly with fingers again. Still needs a bit of tweaking.


I also painted a plant pot that was gold. It’s just Decoart chalk paint and Crackle Medium and I’m really chuffed with how it came out.


I still have a million and one half started projects that I’m trying to finish, but they will have to wait for another week. So, as we approach the end of Lockdown 2.0, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. I might just continue my Artist in Residency, I quite like it up here!

Keep safe arteests,

Celia x



1 comment:

Jan said...

Love your finger painting. I’m might be continuing in my artists loft too. I’ve enjoyed the stay.