Saturday 21 November 2020

Project: Artist in Residence - from Jan's Loft

Happy Saturday Evening Tando-ettes,

Hope all you artists in residence are keeping well.  We are all keeping safe in the Tando Underground Bunker for the Creatively Insane, but I must admit, this week, I've had a mind numbing migraine that eased to a simple blinding headache by Wednesday, but that threw my creativity to the ground and gave it a damn good smothering! It was not nice! However I did get a couple of deliveries that cheered me up enough to get my act together and helped me finish a couple of W.I.P. The problem with migraines is that they affect your eyes (light, focus, concentration all get slammed), so you cant do much for long, and forget looking at a screen!

So, my deliveries were... some squares of textured wallpaper for mark making, from my teamie and fellow Seth Apter groupie, Celia. We use them like stamps and were an unexpected treat. Believe me, for textured stamping they work brilliantly!

The other delivery was some acrylic inks that I've been wanting to try for ages. Here's the colours I got... they are soooooo gorgeous...

I mentioned finished projects: I'm a fan of crochet. Ive taught myself with the aid of youtube videos, and can sit and crochet for hours. I've just finished this buff, just in time for the drop in temperature today. So easy to make (let me know if you want me to link this really easy to follow pattern).

The second project I finished is a lesson from LifeBook 2020 run by Willowing.org. LifeBook is a year long project that has lots of tutorials, some in depth and some more a guide to creating, in lots of different areas of art. I can highly recommend it. Its been perfect for this lockdown year. Here was my piece (taught by Lisa Oxley).  Di posted that we'll be running a new '24 Technique Tags' in the new year, and I'll be adapting what I've learned here in to one of those tag sessions (this one is made on a big piece of Tando Greyboard), because we all love a fb live session right?


Well thats me done for this week. Now my head has cleared I can get back to the million and one ideas I have floating round in there! Is it any wonder I'm forever starting projects but am terrible at finishing them!

Stay safe my friends, and keep checking the blog and the Tando fb pages for inspiration, and please don't be shy to join in with the Artists In Residence shinanigans. Lets keep each other inspired.

Cheerio 

x



No comments: