Saturday 12 December 2020

Acrylic-a-go-go by Jan

Welcome to the blog, how’s your Saturday been? 

This week I’ve been playing with reverse painting on some acrylic tags. I can highly recommend having a go at this, but start simple! These babies nearly made my brain explode 😂.

I first came across this technique in a class I did with Mark Gould (tweedledum and tweedledee photo), and then Di did the toadstalls in a project, so thought it was time to refresh my memory.  

Acetate is almost impossible to photograph well, and hard as I tried I couldn’t capture the depth that you get with the texture and painting. These really look like you are looking through or into water, the light somehow penetrates the acetate and adds its own depth. I’ll see if I can capture it on a little video...

The idea is you start with your stamping, add your colour and finally your background - it’s all backwards though! So if you want dots on something, you do the dots first then the main colour behind. Di showed this perfectly on the Comfy Pyjamas Retreat.


I just love these Chocolate Baroque Stamps 




Tweedledum and Tweedledee look much more 3D than they do in this photo!


I also used up the left overs from the Christmas Wreath from my blogspot last week, making little tree decorations (although they are light enough to go on a gift tag or card).



It looks like i've been busy, but I’ve done lots of 'thinking' this week (yeah yeah 'procrastination' is more like it) 😂, but I started, and then disasemble and restarted (!) my house project for the '12 Houses of Christmas' next year (Find here), and planned out my first few projects for next year. This is very, very organised for me, but I’m really enjoying the process 😌. There are lots of Tando projects to get involved in next year, so stay in touch 👌

I hope you are having a good weekend, and run up to Christmas. 
Big hugs/clap on the back (depending on our relationship 😂).
Jan
X

No comments: